Because of the equipment used and the appearance of danger, paintball can seem to be a very intimidating sport. But in reality, paintball is an extremely safe, exciting, and rewarding sport. It builds teamwork, develops decision-making skills, and is a very good cardiovascular workout. Here are a few tips to help you get on the field.
- GO PLAY! You’re never going to experience the thrill of paintball if you don’t go play. Nothing beats putting on a mask and taking the field for the first time. GTF Paintball has a friendly, professional staff that will make sure all of your questions are answered and that you’re equipped with only the best safety gear available.
- Don’t be afraid of the paint. One of the most common questions in paintball is does it hurt? The answer is every once in a while, but for the most part, no. It’s often compared to being snapped with a rubber band and is more shocking than anything else.
- Is it safe? Safety is the primary concern at GTF Paintball, so safety rules are strictly enforced. All guns are chronographed before they hit the field. Masks are required to be worn at all times while on the playing field and barrel blocking devices are required on all guns while off the field. All players are required to attend the safety briefing before being allowed on the field of play, whether new to the sport or an experienced veteran.
- What to bring? GTF Paintball has a full fleet of rental equipment, so all you need to bring is yourself. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes or boots that you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs and bring a hat that covers your head.
- Get ready! You’re going to take part in one of the fastest growing, most intense, fun sports you’ll ever experience.
- Clear your schedule. Trust me; you’ll want to do this every weekend.
Waiver forms are required from all players. Download HERE and bring it with you.